While looking for the right Chicago defense lawyer, you may want to learn more about attorney Michael S. O’Meara’s significant experience and the types of cases he handles. Please browse through the following links or submit a chat request if you have any questions.
- DUI Defense – Michael O’Meara helps people who have been charged with a DUI in Chicago or the surrounding areas. Even if it is your first DUI, a guilty finding can result in harsh penalties. Give your case the best defense it deserves to help you avoid severe penalties.
- Traffic Violations – Nearly everyone gets pulled over for a traffic violation at some point in their lives, but not everyone realizes that there can be criminal consequences for certain violations. Any traffic violation should be contested and fought for many reasons.
- Criminal Defense – If you’ve been charged with a crime in Chicago, or the surrounding area, you are likely feeling understandably overwhelmed and stressed. The consequences of a criminal offense in Illinois can be severe. Depending on the nature of your charge and the circumstances of the case, you could face a devastating sentence.
- Police Brutality – When an officer uses excessive force against you, a complaint or lawsuit may be filed, or it may be grounds for having your criminal charge dismissed.
- Drug Crimes – A drug offense can throw your entire life out of order, and a guilty finding could dramatically affect your future. The sooner you contact a Chicago criminal defense lawyer to help fight your charges, the better chance you may have at giving yourself a good defense.
- Sex Crimes – A sex crime conviction can tear apart families and communities. Not only could you face incarceration if found guilty, but in Illinois, you may also have to register as a sex offender.
- Firearms Charges – If you or someone you know is facing firearm or weapon charges, O’Meara can provide the necessary criminal defense to help you overcome the charge.
- Assault & Battery – When you are faced with an assault or battery charge that you had no idea was a crime, or that you thought was less serious than the charge you now face, having a great criminal defense lawyer by your side can help you get the best possible result for your charge.
- Family Crimes – If you or a loved one has been charged with a kidnapping or family crime, you will need an experienced Chicago criminal defense attorney to help protect your rights.
- Theft & Fraud – If you have been charged with theft or fraud, you could face harsh, unforgiving penalties and consequences if found guilty.
- Property Crimes – Crimes including burglary, arson, trespassing, and vandalism all fall under the category of property crimes. These charges generally do not involve physical harm to another person. However, you still may experience serious consequences if found guilty.
- Underage and Student Crimes – With Chicago being home to major campuses including the University of Chicago, Loyola University of Chicago, and Depaul University, underage crimes frequently occur. If you are a concerned parent or student now facing charges, don’t delay in contacting O’Meara today to help protect your future.
- Crimes Against the Peace & Public – Charges including resisting arrest and disorderly conduct are examples of crimes against the peace and public. Occasionally these charges are broad enough to include the risk of physical or property harm. Fighting to get your charges reduced or dismissed with the help of a skilled Chicago criminal defense attorney will be in your best interest.